Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Printed Ribbon With Sayings

Aboriginal Art: daring color

© Sonia Kurrara, courtesy of With The Arts Mangkaja Fitzroy
120 x 90 cm. Brocard Collection II

My little niece would love this painting. These shades of pink, purple and red bronze, have everything to delight. Besides, if she could she dye her hair all pink. From its three years, she asked her mother, with no success ... or after his 18th birthday! Words, an eternity for this little girl.

Daring color. This process was slow and gradual for me. I could say that Aboriginal art has accompanied me on this smooth road. In the early days I was snapped up by the earth tones, ocher central desert. Then gradually, I was called to a greater expressionism and colors more bold and bright.

This path a little transgressive in the heart of colors, also illustrates the tensions of the Aboriginal art movement. Thrown on the canvas gently in a dynamic Pointillist, or vociferously expressed by young emerging artists, these colors represent a turning point, a kind of freedom gained in artistic creation.

While some artists take up the themes of old, with traditional motifs, they add their own personality, a different look, a sort of daring break in innovative color palettes. The work thus leaves the ground and the bush will conquer other creative worlds. The color becomes a kind of passport, a vector providing the transition from tribal art and contemporary art indeed.

I must admit, it is not pink in this painting attracted me. Subjectivity in gender I still quite tight at this color. It's much here how to combine and to decline all these shades of pink, challenging. All invites a contemplation different from the environment of the artist Sonia Kurrara.

The tangle of plants multiple transformed reincarnated in these new colors, beyond the limits of the soil. There exists a kind of complexion. Mapping the landscape, we could go to a sort of ultrasound of the body to a thrilling animal. Feel these forms that undulate on the canvas ...

As a private collector, I dare my turn these colors, leaves me partially submerge them in the dynamics generated by the movement of contemporary art.

0 comments:

Post a Comment